ESPG brings together talent and resources, promoting innovative communities that accelerate scientific and technological breakthroughs across numerous sectors.
Welcome to the European Science Park Group (ESPG). We are a real estate company with a large portfolio of commercial assets with a total area of over 126,000 m2 (1,350,000 ft²). We specialise in science parks, but have extensive experience in housing tenant from all industries.
Our passion is working with companies to create spaces tailored to their needs, from highly specialised laboratories and cleanrooms to office spaces and warehouses. We use our unrivalled experience and network in this market to provide opportunities for long-term tenants and funding partners, creating a thriving ecosystem that promotes growth for all stakeholders.
FACTS & FIGURES
WHAT IS A SCIENCE PARK?
A science park is a specialised area comprising multiple scientific and technology-driven businesses, usually in related disciplines, such as life sciences. These hubs create a sustainable environment for tenants, where they can firmly establish their roots, share ideas and benefit from each other’s expertise, enhancing research and promoting growth. They are often found near universities, and in buildings that are designed to meet the tenants’ needs. Science parks typically have a ‘campus’ feeling, with an ecosystem that is beneficial for everyone involved, from tenants, who gain a purpose-fit space in a science-rich environment, to financers, who are rewarded with attractive yields and a stable, long-term tenant base.
- Highly specialised space to enable research and development.
- Often laboratories, clean rooms and testing spaces, which require additional features, such as cooling facilities or power generators.
- Complementary spaces – such as production warehouses, logistics areas, offices and showrooms – are often needed to house suppliers and partners.
- Spaces are typically configured to match tenants’ requirements.
DOMINANT INDUSTRY / TECHNOLOGY
- Usually contains one dominant industry, for example, life sciences, green technologies or digital transformation.
- A variety of additional services – such as leisure and hospitality facilities – offer a campus-like feel.
- A highly interactive tenant base, nurturing a symbiotic ecosystem that stimulates innovation and growth beyond what is achievable in a siloed model.
PROXIMITY TO UNIVERSITIES
- Ideally situated near a university or research institution, which facilitates the conversion of pioneering technologies from academia to industry.
- Typically located outside of major metropolises, often in areas viewed as scientific clusters or in regions that have a high concentration of innovative companies.
- High dependence on local, specialised talent pipelines, often with ties to nearby universities or research institutes.
- Time-consuming regulatory approval processes increase tenants’ attachment to the location.
- Stable tenants due to a beneficial ecosystem and heavy upfront investment into initial fit-out.
FEATURED SCIENCE PARKS
Talk to us about your
flexible building needs
We offer a round table approach to any requirements you may need for your company, from:
• Double bay openings
• Gas lines
• Sound proofing
• Sustainable energy
• Bike bays
We are in constant conversation with our clients about their needs.
To find out more about our services and partners, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org